Monday, October 24, 2022

Serendipitous moments - art!

 When we arrived at the cottage and had sorted things inside the house out, we headed into the garden shed and began to sort out the yard. Going in and out of the shed reminded me of some small pieces of driftwood and salvaged timber we had left there - hoping that one day they might become 'something'.

As it was, it took until last week for me to re-focus on the timber bits. In part I regained my focus because I had found some excellent wire bits and a rusty nail along the way. Surely they might go together? 

I had just finished mulching some plants and it was getting on for 4 or 4.30pm and I saw the bits and picked them up and before I knew it, without glasses, and no phone to document, I simply began.

Barry has taught me heaps about how to attach things to timber, so I had a few thoughts about how I could sort out the first piece in my mind, and it came together pretty well.


The second one I had in mind I did OK with to a point, but Barry came in from what he was doing and gave me hand.


The third one proved the trickiest - I wanted the weird angle to hang over and dangle something. My design was so clear and focussed! Laugh. But we did it - me drilling and hammering under supervision. It was getting dark now and there is no power in the shed so no lights, but we managed to finish them just in time and headed in to make dinner.


I returned the next day to photograph the trio - in the messy garden shed where we work. I kind of like them in their original home.

The next day or maybe the next after that, the sun shone and I thought to bring them outside and photograph them in the bright light, with the cottage's stone wall as a back drop. I also like them out and about.





They are each around 10 - 15cm square in broad terms - clearly some a bit taller than others, and a delightful trio to have made without even meaning to.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness (((Fiona & Barry))) these are so whimsically wild, love them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.