Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thursday Thoughts...

"Be where your feet are".

 Scott M. O’Neill

The elegant simplicity and purity of this message.

I oftentimes struggle with getting ahead of myself; I have an immense capacity to catastrophise; to get to the end of the disaster before it has taken more than a few tentative steps.  My mind races ahead, trying to anticipate, trying to work out strategies to avoid the worst that might happen.

And so I spend a fair  bit of mind time trying to work out how NOT to be doing that, how to be mindful and present and all of those other practices that stop me anticipating awful things in an anxious manner.

Then this!

Talk about being grounded.

I just love it. 

My feet are here. Now. In this place. With these people. This is where I am.

Note to self:

Be there in your mind too.


Our feet together. Red dirt. Uluru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.