Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Garden beauty and art

A few months ago some development was being done on a nearby block which meant that the old fence posts were torn down. In a mad dash I ran over to the folk who were pulling it down and asked them to save some for me. I must have looked like a whirling dervish as I raced across and into the long grass, and the young man I spoke with was desperate for me to not come near because there was a snake - just there- near the car! But I have become more relaxed about snakes and knew that as long as it wasn't a brown snake (he said it was black) it wouldn't come after me and was probably more scared than he was.  

So I rounded up our 80 year old neighbour and his ute and together we collected them and they came back and sat for a wee while whilst we pondered what to do with them.

Here they after, after Barry sawed the bottoms off them all.

We had some rain this week that made the soil easier to dig so we 'planted' them along our boundary line so to speak, creating a lovely sort of courtyard effect in our garden.

The view from the front door.

And on Sunday Barry moved our birdhouse bee house and fixed it atop the 'tree' with rusty birds in it, and it looks just delightful from the kitchen window.

And more garden beauty - a gathering for our festive season tables.


Art and beauty are everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.