Sunday, December 24, 2023

More metal moments

Following on from my not so good pouring of metal last week, I released my wee cottage. It took me three pours to reach this globular mass and I think it might just get re-melted and I will try again!


The initial unveiling has quite a few marks and globs attached.


After breaking some bits off and trying to grind and smooth some edges.


No matter which way you look at it, it's not a smooth little cottage. Rather lumpy in fact.


Yet the remnants were impressive in their own way! Quite wild.


I am however, getting better at soldering, rolling and hammering silver.

A few pebble-inspired pieces emerging...



I have begun playing with how words might work with these pieces and am having fun with that too. So many things to do in so many different directions...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.