Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Final exhibition prep

 We start installing the words on the wall for the exhibition on Wednesday, then the works are set up Thursday, with the official launch at 7pm on Friday night! It is definitely edging closer.

On Friday I delivered some cards and notes to folk in the village and along the way, letting them know about both the show and the opening event.

I had some A6 brown card which I cut in half, and then pierced a line of holes for stitching.

I used four different threads, each of which had been dyed here at the cottage, to do a line of running stitch. I thought this might personalise things a bit, and also link to the threads I use in two of the exhibition pieces.

And then I wrote a note.

Devil's Bit Scabious

Thistle.


Heather

Bog Asphodel

And over the weekend I did a little bit of activity prep. Here I am in the back shed painting a cardboard box. All very fine art and high tech!



Once it had dried, we headed inside and worked out where to cut the hole to let the postcards go through.


Done.

And yes, the postcards I am hoping folk fill in to help me create a book, will fit inside!

Lots of little bits of printing and writing and signing coming together, and the work has all been completed, and the different pieces checked for how they will present, so I think there is nothing now but to get them to the showing space and install them.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time! I've enjoyed following your progress. How I would love to see it all in person. It's nearly opening day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.