Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

"Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real." 

Nora Ephron

The older I get the more I try to work out the duality of things. How cognisant dissonance can exist within us all; and that sometimes it truly is possible to hold completely differing thoughts.  

This one I think helps us understand that something (a book) can do two separate things which in a way are also opposite things - the way it can act as both an escape; and as a connector. 

She put this really well. I have often said books let me disappear from life; and that they also make me feel not alone.  They are multi-functional tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.