Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Things are getting real...

 


This morning I checked my emails and Fiona from Strathnaver Museum was asking what did I think of the poster she had designed? I replied all good  - and within 5 minutes it popped up in my FB feed! Things suddenly got really real.

It is really quite exciting and I am looking forward to installing the works next week. Barry has made all the plinths for me to cascade my seven scrolls for All That Was Lost down, I have laminated all the signs I need and printed all the catalogues. I have prepped for the workshop with the High School students, and broadly speaking I think we are on track!

Here are some images of The Emigrants (shown in the poster above) and I previously blogged about it here.



And here are some details of All That Was Lost. The last image shows the word kist in a rusty tin. Kist means a chest, that you store things in.




And here are the seven plinths lined up against the cottage wall. Next time you see them, they will be installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.