Thursday, October 22, 2009

Copper Words and Flowers

Another full day in the studio - amazing what deadlines can do for you! Barry helped me drill holes in some perspex pieces for the exhibition; I drilled and stitched more copper for the book and even painted the backgrounds. I stitched a lovely little book and made a case for it which I decorated with oh...more patina-ed copper.

And throughout the day I pondered these two wall pieces I have finished. In line with Barry's use of copper in his bowls and fonts, I have been playing around with copper wire words and flowers (see earlier post). They are now hanging on my wall, making nice shadows. I think they are quite quirky, but I am still trying to work out whether or not I should exhibit them. I guess I have until Sunday to sort that out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.