Monday, October 11, 2010

VW multiples

I have previously mentioned how enamoured I became of the "VW" book that Carol du Bosch shared in Bound and Lettered journal.  Combine this with a wet weekend and a stock room exhibition coming up and what was I to do?

So I had a lot of fun!  I have made 6 books - 3 small and 3 medium - all using my handmade 'itajime' or paste papers and with nice thoughts, ideas, and statements handwritten within. I cheated a bit by using Fabriano Medioevalis papers - which start small and are ready to fold without having to measure, cut and fold.

It was such a delightful time - meditative and fun and oh so much fun to play with them when they were finished.

They really are one of the nicest feeling books in the hand that I know of.






7 comments:

  1. very beautiful books, colours, photography; I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona,
    I've made a few samples as well from Carol's article and they are lovely books to produce. I e mailed her and she kindly sent me some other book images using the same structure. I was also very taken with the bleaching technique on black paper that she had used in her New Year card on the centre pages. She clarified the details for me and I have a plan to try it out soon. It's a great magazine for ideas isn't it? Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are really delightful fiona - I like the colour combos and the form - I must try this book type out one day... (I'll just add this to my 'to-do' list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody!

    Ronnie - its spookily simple to play with when its not stitching time,
    Lesley - Yes Carol is very generous with her support and interest and there are lots of ideas in B&L to explore - little reminders/inspirations,
    Cat&Anna - they do photograph well and look so good all together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love B&L and I did have plans to try this one out but of course, so far I haven't. These are really beautiful books you've made, Fiona, wonderful colours - love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! Pretty. I do need more paste papers...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.