Tuesday, February 11, 2020

There's been a murrrrrrrrder!

OK in case you are worried there hasn't really been; but it certainly looked a bit that way when I opened one of the cupboards in the studio this week.

As exhibit A in the 'it's been a hellish hot summer in Australia' category, I present one melted silicone Adana roller (or maybe two, I am yet to pull it out and fully investigate).


Brilliant isn't it?


Who even knew that your rollers could liquify like this?


The rollers are usual about an inch in diameter, and here is what's left of the core - about 1/2 inch max!


I'll get in and sort it out shortly, but for now, I am enjoying just the fabulously gooey melted look of it all.  A contemporary art installation perhaps?


And as I was tidying and dissing the type from my Mabel's Scrub piece, I glanced across and saw some remnants of aluminium shim that I was about to toss, and thought 'I wonder what if...????'

And here is the answer.  I like this very much and feel as if there are possibilities plus!




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's been a fiendish one Mo hasn't it? This about summed it up for me.

      Delete
  2. I can't begin to imagine what it will take to clean that goo up ... ewwww

    And the embossed aluminum ... well, that's loaded with potential

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean up only just began today Liz - and not an easy task! And yes, I have saved heaps of shim scraps and have lots of ideas!!! PS - the vagaries of blogger have returned my commenting ability back to me for who knows how long , but yay for today!

      Delete
  3. "She was hit from behind with an Adana roller M'lord."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it feels la bit ike ms scarlet in the studio with the heat gun!!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.