Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Labelling

Now that everything is pretty much moved into the new studio space, I have ben trying hard to complete the job - that is, to label everything in sight so that anybody in the studio can find anything they need.  Plan A.

So I went through the drawers and wrote down pretty much everything I could find to describe what lay within.


Went and got myself a whizz bang label printer (which I must admit I have really enjoyed playing with), and set up some labels and started printing.

Action shots.



And on reflection, I found this one to be highly entertaining. I had tried here to differentiate between artists' books (by others) and artists' books by me (F).


Perhaps I should have sequenced that differently.

I also got a lot of joy from this one - it captures everything in that drawer perfectly!



Lots of fun was had sticking them on and a deal of satisfaction felt as the whole place looked rather unified and tidy.




That bottom right box contains this gorgeous old stuff...


And as I was photographing at my desk, I realised this mouse mat (well worn) was perfect for International Women's Day last Sunday.


An oldie but a goodie - from 2001 when I in worked in Canberra.

Almost done with labelling - type drawers are numbered and now just need names, but that is a pretty big task - about 90 more labels and I'm done. Small yay for now.

11 comments:

  1. P-Touch labels ... I love them! Brings back very happy memories from my library days ... which is to say, I think you will find them to be very durable, in addition to just plain cool looking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just the ant's pants Liz - I love them! I really wanted a high quality sticker/label and hadn't planned to get a label printer but am ever so glad I did. Everything in our house is officially at risk of labelling...

      Delete
  2. Ha ha...rulery things and fartists. Labeling sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rather fond of those ones Dana! I may at some point put the F after the artists' books, but it makes me chuckle each time I look at it, so maybe not...

      Delete
    2. Left out in the open it will likely become "invisible" with time ... perhaps the inside top edge of a wooden drawer ... where it can "surprise" you with delight whenever the drawer is opened ...

      Delete
  3. All labelled neatly and, um, quirkily,F.

    Love those old folding rules and garden twine and dice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely personalised labelling Di! The gorgeous old stuff is exactly that isn't it? I love those old rulers - have been collecting and hoarding them for ages and keep wondering what they will become; but something will happen I am sure. Go well.

      Delete
  4. love the drawer of "gorgeous old stuff"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really happy place to go Mo - puling it open and looking inside makes me smile. Go well.

      Delete
  5. oh yes, labelling...I like it too. Very practical but soothing too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree entirely Annick - its very soothing and calming. All of it - the making of the labels, the allocating of positions and the final result. It does make me feel very calm when I look round...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.