Sunday, September 12, 2021

Bookmarks for fun

Sometimes I get busy with preparations for workshops; planning exhibition work; planning work I want  enter into shows and so on. Big things, time-consuming things, schedules and deadlines type things.

Sometimes I just decide I want to go play and make something.

And so I did.

Barry and I have this sort of shorthand phrase "just add it to the list..."

Whenever we are baffled by things or think somebody has done something outrageous, or whenever we feel that generational gap widen, we will say "just add it to the list of things in this world I don't understand"

I thought it would make a fun bookmark so I printed it in orange, and then stamped what look like ransom note numbers on them.


The number 1 is weird - you can see it as an outline within the weirdly cut outline, just. It is not pleasing to my eye. 


I kept track of all the random numbers I stamped - that's funny really, recording the random.


Not sure why this photo is so fuzzy but after a few attempts to improve it I gave up.





And as ever, I loved the edges and the hinting.


Some days, it's good just to play...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. With a bit of a twist Liz yes, but seriously - that list is a long one! Go well.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Totally agree Lisa! I boggle at something most days...and the list just gets longer and longer! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.