Sunday, August 28, 2022

Beautiful string

 We are headed towards International Day of Peace in September, but all things being equal (and heaven knows they may not be), we will be away. So we tried to get ahead of ourselves and get our weather grams and other peace pieces out into the world in time. Fingers crossed, that seems to have worked!

I must admit that each year as I make my weather grams, one of the parts I love best is the string.

Which is not to say I don't value thoughts and hopes and dreams for peace because I truly do. But the gathering of string nearly always makes me so very happy.







I wonder what the collective noun for all this string might be????


Apart from string I also love cake and flowers! We celebrated a niece's birthday last week and I managed this raspberry chocolate cake and lots of small vases of flowers from the garden. All very happy.




2 comments:

  1. I love layering raspberry and chocolate between layers of cake ... such a great combination ... but now I'm thinking the raspberry is even better seen from the outside!

    And I couldn't help myself ... how about a strangle of strings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strings certainly seem to do that! Chocolate and raspberries are great combinations, and the raspberry juice made this vibrant colour... went down well which is mostly what matters!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.