Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Pebble Progression...

I often times wonder what it might be like to be a maker who spontaneously makes marks; who knows in an instant where they are headed and what they are doing. Who simply has an idea and gets it done and made straightaway. Who confidently places things together in exactly the way they should be.

My making is painstaking.  I consider and think about each and every decision I make, and here is the funniest sequence of photos I have taken for a long time.

I present Fiona trying to work out how a pebble should be attached to the cover of a book. It doesn't need any further words from me... 











I can let you know where I landed when the commission has been completed and collected.  It never ceases to amaze me the hours it can take to get the right decision. 

And I just have to smile, knowing I am who I am and I make the way I make...

2 comments:

  1. how fortunate for your readers that you are so faithful about documenting process

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so helpful - its like my blog has become my memory bank!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.