Sunday, July 31, 2022

Fragile Gains again

 I am preparing work for the exhibition 'Vessel' to be held at the Old Ambo Gallery in Nambour in September and have two out of three works completed - the other is taking the time it takes.

There is also a bit of a shop at the exhibition - where artists can sell small items linked to the exhibition theme and/or their work.

My main Fragile Gains eggshell piece is pretty much there and I am just photographing and documenting it; but along the way I also thought to make some small pieces for the shop.

As you probably know from previous posts; this work is all about the gains women have made, that I think are very fragile including: choices, safety, education, feminism, equality, leadership and liberation. 

I spent most of Friday making the boxes by hand, having previously prepared the eggshells with their many layers.

And then it was down to getting the Letraset onto and inside them.

Each letter cut out of the sheet by hand and placed gingerly with tweezers and other tools; then held down delicately and firmly, yet gently, rubbed off. I hold my breath.





But I am very happy with how they worked out.




I look forward to having them in the shop at Nambour, but if you might be interested in having one now, please let me know and we can chat. 

6 comments:

  1. F - great delicate (egg shells) but strong work and words. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are the epitome of fragile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They feel so precarious and crushable...we all feel that way a bit I guess.

      Delete
  3. (((Fiona))) such beautiful poignant work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - it has come together well to tell the story...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.