Tuesday, July 19, 2022

More Women Friends

 This little burst of activity came about through a dreadful mistake.  I had taken some of my Women Friends work to Scotland and sold a couple at the markets there.  As we gave a community talk, one of the attendees showed interest in the last one and promised to pop over and pay.  I hadn't heard from her before we left, so I packed it up and brought it home. On arrival home she had emailed to say sorry, but could we bring it with us the next time we visit, so I popped it in the box for Scotland and thought no more about it. Until somebody clicked on it on the online shop and bought it.

For the life of me I couldn't recall why it wasn't in stock (I blame jet lag, but possible also just distractedness) and with many apologies I refunded the purchase and wondered where on earth it was.

All that to say that I found it after refunding (of course) and it is now safely packed away again for the next visit to Scotland.  I did however think I should probably see if I could make another one just in case the online purchaser might want one further down the track.

And so I did.  I had enough spare prints to get 3/4 of the book printed and cut to size, and just had to set and print a few lines to complete the poem.







As ever, I had fun playing with the layout.


I also found I had pre-cut a whole poem at 9cm x 1cm and wen tin search for a tin that might fit, and much to my excitement, found one.


So that left me feeling pretty pleased - I have two now in case anybody wants or needs one (yet to go into inventory, but there you are, can't do everything all at once).

The late afternoon winter sun is delightful and I came home to find these wee buds casting lovely shadows...

4 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.