Tuesday, July 26, 2022

One more Women Friends

 As I have been completing things and setting the work aside, I have begun the process of tidying up my spaces in the studio.  It feels as if I had literally taken over every available surface and things were really somewhat out of control.

I sat at my desk and started to put things away. and then I got distracted... I was planning on putting some tiny type away until I looked at it and wondered what it was. It was Women Friends again, ready for blind embossing for one of the first of the books in tins that I made, way back here. That blog post is dated 17 August so the type has been been sitting on my desk for almost a year...

I thought, maybe not yet, and went to start putting something else away - these small round cardboard pill boxes. Until I thought oh my, they could go together and I was off with no further thought or effort given to tidying - I just had to try and do this funny little book idea I had.

Tumbling out. 

The poem is only stamped on every second page.

Fully laid out.

And also hanging...



And Barry took this wee video of me lifting it up and popping it down.

I was very happy with how a random idea worked out so well. 

The type is now packed away in its own lovely rusty tin, ready for one more outing I think.

And the best news is I continued afterwards, to tidy up and the studio space looks wonderful and I feel so much lighter for having tidied it.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was so tiny until I watched the video ... how amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.