Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday Thoughts...

"What keeps my heart awake is colourful silence". 

Claude Monet

There are lots of possibilities around how to think about these words. Depending on which word or combination of words you focus on, you can head down a few burrows.

The two parts that intrigued me most were about keeping your heart awake; and making silence colourful.

I thought about why colourful? And does a colourful silence sound like something? or look like something? Which way in, through the noun or the adjective?

A colourful silence feels to me like a vibrant and active silence; rather a silence in repose. It hums, even tho it is silent. Maybe it bubbles along. I am not sure; but I think the words suggest a sense of going within, or being in quietness; and then this space allowing your imagination to run riot; to be activated and to explore.

As I think about keeping your heart awake, I think what a marvellous and beautiful framing of an idea.  Right now I feel like I really need to keep my heart awake, my heart open, my heart willing, my heart seeking.  Just generally in terms of life.

In terms of creativity I think it means that an open and awake heart is ready and prepared for making and creating, for depicting life and beauty and hope, for telling stories and for bearing witness. 


When our hearts are awake; we are awake to beauty; however small...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.