Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A random selection

This post is a collection of a bunch of random things that have been happening in and around the studio and life of late.

When I taught in Toowoomba  few weeks ago, Barry drove me over  and returned home - a 5 hour drive. On his return trip he went to a market and bought me these nib holders!

What a delightful and random gift to receive. Their joyous and exuberant colours and patterns make me most happy.

And the next day he drove back to Toowoomba and collected me and we drove home - a big effort and muchly appreciated.



And Thursday afternoon last week, working away in the office I thought that the light was so odd, it made me go look out across the valley. As the sun set, there were storms and showers about and this partial rainbow looked as if it were a torch or a lighthouse beaming light...


On Saturday, my letter to the editor of The Saturday paper was published!


On Sunday morning the valley was so beautiful.


And when we went into own for coffee on Sunday morning we found it is now being yarn-bombed in time for KnitFest which is this weekend - it looked so chirpy in the sunshine!



And my eyes went all a-boggles as I set this this 8pt type...

You can see how each piece of type is around 1mm wide, which is pretty tiny, and working out each letter upside down and back to front is quite the challenge.


 I am yet to properly proof it, so when I do I will find out how good my eyes really were!

10 comments:

  1. What an excellent letter to the editor ... numbers don't lie! We would all do well to follow your good example ...

    And how fortunate you were to capture that bit of atmospheric magic ... the beacon of Maleny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - every now and again Just have to say something. I was horrified as I expect better from a progressive paper. Love the beacon of Maleny! It was quite amazing...nobody does it better than nature sometimes.

      Delete
  2. Wow, swirly pen nibs from an attentive husband and gorgeous lighting effects from nature. Color is everywhere...lucky you! Good letter too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana - there was indeed colour hither and yon! I was pleased they published the letter - it surprised me bit as newspapers don't often publish criticism of themselves...go well.

      Delete
  3. wow, what a great gift ! Who wouldn't like to receive that ! So sweet of him !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to be gifted such gorgeous things and to know that B knew me so well!

      Delete
  4. love seeing your valley in cloudland and that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The valley and the light change every day, hourly and swifter sometimes Mo, and I never ever tire of looking out. Even tho I have seen cloud land many times, it still fills me with the delight of a child all over again! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.