Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday Thoughts...

“Truth is the child of time” 

Immanuel Kant

Short. Simple. Deep.

I came across this somewhere on my internet wanderings late one night and  it struck a chord. I scribbled it onto a sticky note in an almost indecipherable scratch of a script and stuck it onto my computer.

Not sure why it resonated so loudly, but it did.  I think in part, because before the virus took over the world, we were facing some pretty intense investigations into use/abuse of political power here in Australia.  These kind of investigations take time.

As a result, their outcomes are often well distant from the actions and yet the only way we have gotten to the truth is to spend time, make time, and take time, to reveal it.

I think I liked the idea somehow of truth being born, as a child, as time allows.

We must hope that after the virus we still have the energy and the fortitude to continue them. To dig deep for truth which may be revealed, all in good time.


Mural artwork, McAuley House for Women, Melbourne.

2 comments:

  1. "the truth will out" ... it has ever been so, but may there be a pox on those who knowingly conceal it, for they have brought us to this tragic place and time (it appears I'm in a Shakespearean frame of mind today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree re the pox! I think I am most astonished these days by the obvious and deliberate lies of so many politicians. Time will show us what we already know...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.