Sunday, September 27, 2020

All over the place

 Feeling just a bit all over the place as I review the week that was art-wise.

It seems that a bit of this and that, including a fair bit of preparation for workshops, is my main game at the moment so no real progress on anything to show; let alone anything much achieve or completed.

But life isn't always about achievement; it is also about the journey. A skitty scatty journey at that, but it is about forward momentum.

This was a random act that kind of went nowhere; yet which was a bit of a fun explore. A fellow visited the studio and although tentative at first, found his way into what we did and really enjoyed a number of cards and postcards. We stopped and talked about the grief cards in particular for quite a while.

He let me know he was a parish priest and we chatted about this and that.  He was quite taken by the individual pieces of type and wondered if one could put together some words. So we did.


When flipped you can read the meditation he oftentimes uses.  You can also read that I mistook the C for a G!  


It was a fun thing to try and who knows if, or when, it might be a thing that happens; maybe not these words; but maybe the idea itself will go along with something else...

I am writing an article and need to take the odd process photo; so here is one.


I am teaching calligraphy on pebbles in a few weeks.  I was preparing more pebbles as demonstrations (and to back fill our supply as the word peace was sold a few times this week, along with joy and love - yay!). I took them outside to put the final protection on them, and then of course fell in love with the patterns left on the cardboard...


On Friday a young fellow joined me in the studio for a bit of a play and did some amazing work.  Here's a few of the words he was working with... don't they just pop from the black background?!?!?!?! 


As I cleaned off the rollers afterwards I played around with some stamping I had done earlier for no good reason other than to find out what would happen if...?


 I am preparing some more workshops and will be printing some posters for around the studio - the beginnings of one right here.  Although I think that 's' might be upside down...sigh. Luckily, not yet set or printed!


And even more workshop prep sees me printing these words. 


A life of art is varied and full and I oftentimes do not know where it will go next; but I am more than happy to go along for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. (((Fiona))) you and Barry have so many irons in the fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There do seem to be plenty at the moment Mo, and I kind of think I could let go of a few...!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.