Sunday, September 20, 2020

Taking things further...

A wee while back I wrote about the 'project' book I had made as part of a challenge to get ourselves out of comfort zones and production zones, called 'on joy'. I delighted in that book and one of the serendipitous moments came as I proofed the words, and found the by moving things slightly and not re-inking I got a lovely repeat and fade effect which I ended up using in the final book.

On the way through I had printed and proofed this on the tengucho 18gsm paper just to be sure, and after the book was completed I had three spare prints so to speak.

And so it was that I decided to make small reminder books with the words; without the imagery.

I used a very dilute sumi ink to make the circle on the front cover.



And this is how you move through the book.


The paper is so lightweight and soft, that you really do move slowly.




I ended up with 2 in the edition and one AP, which is a rather nice result.


And of course, the softness and shadows playing...


6 comments:

  1. F - these care gorgeous books - well worth taking things further. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B - sometimes the follow up what ifs? are truly well worth it!

      Delete
  2. (((Fiona))) love the lightness of your touch in the soft circle for the cover and the translucsence of the pages, such a beautiful book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mo - it feels a bit like goldilocks - just right. The paper, the words, the soft imagery work well together and make it whole. Go well.

      Delete
  3. I so admire you. You create meaningful art using the simplest of materials. So happy I found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carol - thank you so much! We are fortunate to live in the times of connecting through the interweb and to be able to find folk, kindred spirits is one of the best things about it. These wee books are just what they need to be...go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.