Sunday, November 8, 2020

Small pieces and always something

 I am still working on the small things and am happily finishing off a few bits and pieces.  Here is my little stitching sampler pouch.

I really did enjoy making this and forcing myself to do something different with each patch and each stitch. So even if nobody else knows what is going on I can look at it and go yes - one thread circle; two thread circle!

Front


Back


Inside.

I thought about lining it, then decided to go with the full story on display - its for me after all. I also wanted to see the right side of the linen that I chose to use the wrong side of as a reminder of what lies beneath.

I think I will put my needle case (my next project) and a few small bits in it, and then put it in my fabric bucket.


I chose to re-twine two lengths of two strands of some of the DMC thread I used for stitching to make the cord.  Whilst watching the West Wing reunion Special laugh...cord twisting is a time consuming thing to do.


And just more details...




And as I collected something from the bedroom the other morning, sunlight was coming through the glass heart I have on my bedside table. I love this.



And then the something else...it was good to meet these two the other morning.  

Good in the sense that I now know where they live and hang about; and what type of snake they are - yellow headed Whip snake.

Will keep my wits about me as I wander and garden...



Great camouflage I thought!

4 comments:

  1. what a fabulous photo of sunlight filtering through your heart. Irene in N Ireland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene - it was a pretty special moment and I was so happy to capture it! Best wishes to you in your lockdown time...

      Delete
  2. love the colours and textures of your pocket book & your whip snake is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little pouch is a lovely little thing Mo; and I even like the whip snakes! There's a pair that we know of, not sure if any offspring...go well

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.