Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Black, white and bold

I am thinking a lot about here and there - about our new 'cottage' here; and our old cottage in Scotland.  It will be a while before we can visit again, but my heart still wants to be there!

I decided to try and do some solar plates using some photos from our last visit. To begin with, I had to try and organise a few into gatherings, so that I could print them on the transparencies.

It all felt a bit like an experiment, but they seemed to work.  When I put them down together they transparencies curled, and the lights bounced off them and they were rather lovely.

Of course I chose the first day of downpours in a week or so to begin; so what I need to do now is wait for a sunny day to see if I can expose the plates.









And then there is the dose of bold and bright - I wandered past the Co-op in town on Saturday and this great bunch of flowers was outside waiting to be collected!


2 comments:

  1. what an intriguing idea ... how frustrating to have to wait for the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those ideas that Liz that I have and then realise I have forgotten what I am supposed to do really...so anything might happen. Learning patience is probably a good thing for me and I am sure there will be plenty of sun to play with at some point! One can also expose them in light boxes etc but I am yet to attempt that. Fingers shall be crossed.Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.