Sunday, November 1, 2020

Weather and whites

 Storm season has arrived here this week and we have been on the edges of some serious storms; but fortunately no damage - the odd power outage and flicker, a tad of hail but otherwise safe and sound.

The skies have been majestic and magnificent and we are thrilled that we can still watch storms move and behave from our new abode. Last night from the back deck.


And this one caught some lightning as I did the pano...

 

Out the front as the storm passed through.

However, earlier in the day the sun had shone and it was a great drying day as they say; so I washed a heap of muslins and sheers that I have become enthused about using again and hung them out dry.  





White on white - I was besotted.

And in the studio I was working on a commission - trying to match paper to a pre-purchased frame.  Interesting numbers of whites within our paper samples.



By the by, I landed on Fabriano Tiepolo and Hannemuhle Bamboo as the best two options.  Now to the designing and the making!

4 comments:

  1. all your white cloths look so beautiful hanging together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they a picture in themselves? I f I could paint I would paint them...go well.

      Delete
  2. a sunset view ... how grand!

    and whites ... sheer-ly wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy that we have sunsets still...and the sheer beauty of those whites! yay for gorgeousness.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.