Sunday, January 3, 2021

New Year

Here we are.

Well and truly ensconced in 2021 already.

And today we finished writing our new year cards, popping stamps on them and getting them packed and ready to post tomorrow. So hopefully they can begin winging their way towards new homes carrying message of hope for us all for the year ahead.

This is a cropped close up of a glossy yellow one; that ink is just glistening!


But here is the card I chose to make. I used our beautiful Amelia wood type (from Italy) at the 25 cicero size.  I wanted it to bleed over the edge; and it does, but I think you can still read its message. I let them dry and went back with a blue print of 2021 using Empire 36 point.


I had no idea how or where I was going to print the year; and originally intended to use larger figures, but when I realised I could print into the counter I thought I should have a go for sure!


Colour wise I was also a bit stumped for the second print and tried out some close to yellow oranges, apricots, deeper reds and then went for quite a bright blue. It stands out.


I quite liked the idea of softer prints as well; so as I went along, I printed hope three times before re-inking.  It has created a lovely blend of prints and a bit of a random selection.


Delectable!


But possibly not as delectable as this cake my niece made for our after Christmas gathering - mango and sublime! And of course, the colour matched so here it is in all its glory.


And this was the dining room table today as we finished writing and stamping cards.


And a quiet corner on the kitchen bench - the last of some agapanthus buds.


The beginnings of a brighter and better year we hope.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Penny - I hope they brighten a few folks' letterboxes when they arrive. Go well.

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful post full of hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo - big bright and beautiful, cheery daffodil yellow hope!

      Delete
  3. well, you know how I love process pix ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Process is always happening here Liz - even on the dining table! Go well.

      Delete
  4. hopeful pictures you sent us this time, Fiona. I'll hope with you. All the best and let's enjoy the little things in life a bit more.That Agapanthus looks great ! I have some too, but in a milder climate they look better ! hugs, A

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.