Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The letters are out!

 We got back to Barry's shed the other day to remove the concrete letters from their moulds.  It was an interesting process!

At times the skinny bits of silicone fought to stay attached to the concrete; whilst the nice long thick bits were happy to be released.

Here's what one of the moulds looked like after some effort. Rather warped, odd, and almost rude in places!


The letters are all out and tidied away now as we plan our next steps and what to do with them.



Barry did the major sandpaper grinding off of the bottoms; whilst I did the fiddly filing on the curves and cracks.




None of them are perfect but I like their little quirks.  It was excellent fun and I am sure we will do more!



4 comments:

  1. I'm head over heels in love with these letters, fiona! I think I'd pave my whole driveway with these !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Annick - and we have lots of concrete left over so there will be more! I LOVE the idea of a paved driveway - wouldn't that be great?!?!?!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.