Sunday, September 4, 2022

The next steps

 Having worked out my piercing and my stitching I have now done three pages. The plan is for three more, and then some covers.

I am still not sure of the final format of this wee book, but hopefully all will reveal itself as I take the next steps. The covers remain a bit of a mystery as well.

My next page was stitched from Thistle thread, once again from Scotland.


My new technique for piercing the holes along the vertical made for slightly better alignment.


The Thistle thread.


Next up was Stinging Nettle thread.

 
And here they are as a trio, soft and muted.






6 comments:

  1. (((Fiona))) these pages look so soft, I want to stroke them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely Mo. There is no indication on the package of exactly what fibres they are made from, but they are light as a feather, yet strong...and so very fine.

      Delete
  2. the labels, lettered on crumpled brown paper, are delightful in and of themselves ... and I'm impressed at how unrumpled the pages are after accepting both piercings and stitchings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those tags get better with age! And I also love the wooden pegs - they are just delightful objects to look at I think. But I am also happy to now be using them. The paper is remarkably resilient. It didn't want to rip or tear with this thread, for which I am grateful. Resilient stuff!

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.