Monday, September 19, 2022

Time again in Scotland

 We have returned to the cottage, as Autumn begins its ease into winter. A long journey but always wonderful to arrive, home again.

On the drive North we stopped at Carn Liath broch and had a wonderfull wander around in the sunshine.


The sung glittered on the sea, beyond a field of wheat I think.


My daily photos from the headland are of sky, sea and land, and here are a couple of favourites so far.



Being back has meant some wandering around and discovery of 'old stuff' like these ropes within an old abandoned boat.


Rusty nails are forever favourites.


And I did begin to play with some art ideas. Here are some swatches of some watercolour pencils we have here, as I begin to think about an abstracted landscape image.



You can see where I am trying to go...


Roughly coloured in, and now to just add water!


And of course, a visit to the cove means more beautiful stones - these are the starting point for more solace stones I hope...

Apologies for the lack clarity on a few photos - working on the laptop and still sorting things out!

4 comments:

  1. oh ... the grain running down to a silver sea ... how could I not think of Sting's Fields of Gold?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.