Monday, September 19, 2022

International Day of Peace

Once more we celebrate and promote the UN's International Day of Peace on 21 September in a few days time.

We have sent our peace pieces out into the world; and have hung our weathergrams in Maleny and at the cottage.

My Dad collects these cutlery holders for us all through the year so we can re-use and recycle them as peace weathergrams.


This year the notion of us always dreaming of peace (wishing, hoping) made me think about these words I wrote some time ago, that suggests we can meet in the middle somewhere.  That whilst we are dreaming, so too is peace and we really want to get together. 


We have hung weather grams and peace doves in our magnolia tree at the front of our Maleny home; and have brought them with us to hang at the cottage too.




4 comments:

  1. I love knowing that your dad collects these cutlery holders all year long ... always thinking of peace and doing something constructive about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Liz! It is a real collaborative effort and I appreciate his hard work of dining out regularly to help me out!

      Delete
  2. as I write this, the International Day of Peace will soon touch the shores of Australia ... I love envisioning how it will sweep around the world, touching each of your homes in turn, then crossing the ocean to touch us here ... even so, my mind struggles to comprehend the movement of the imaginal line between then and now

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.