Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Stitching

 I do love a bit of hand stitching, and in particular making useful things with just hand sewing.

Not yet making my way into full on dressmaking by hand (insert startled emoji), I have been having fun sewing pencil cases and small pouches.

I mentioned my replacement jewellery purse here but when I went to use it, I found the small flat tin I usually put my small pieces in; didn't quite fit. I wasn't all that surprised as at no point in time had I thought to check if it would! Mmmm no points for planning there.

So I began again and got into quite a few bits and pieces. 

I made several lovely needle cases, using the handprinted linen remnants from Ink and Spindle.




And some lovely pencil cases


And some extra purses/pouches.

And a jewellery pouch/purse which does actually fit my little jewellery tin -yay!

Apart from my personal pouch/purse I will have the other bibs and bobs for sale at the Watten Market on 24 September.

2 comments:

  1. zippers ... I really do need to give them a go because now I have pouch envy (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now at the point of actually enjoying sewing them in Liz - they are never perfect, but they are firm!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.