Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Finalising work

 we are having an Open Studio Sale on Saturday 19 November, and I am finalising some work for that.

Part of my recent commitment to re-working and re-using materials I have around me saw me make this lovely book. I really like how that worked out, and have decided to make some smaller, less ornate ones using a left over print I found in my drawers.

I cut the print into two and worked out the covers and fly leaf. I needed to add some elements and some calligraphy, but that's where things stopped.

With the Studio Sale looming I am encouraged to do the last yards and finish them.

Here I am playing with layout after having done a few prints on different papers to see if they will make the book better.

First up I printed my lovely nest image (titled 'home') from 2014 onto three different papers to see how they might interact with the existing print.


It is years since I have worked with this plate and it was lovely to re-discover it!


I also tested a feather plate from around the same time, again on the same three papers.


Whilst it is a nice enough print, I still like the nest best.


One of the joys of re-acquainting myself with this plate was I then grabbed some beautiful Khadi paper and did a trial print on that, and thought...oh now this might go somewhere!


There is still calligraphy to do, elements to add and the prints to attach somehow, but progress has been made.


2 comments:

  1. I like the nest print best too. It's a lovely (re)discovery. Hope you'll get it all finished on time !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really lovely image Annick and I could play with it forever I think.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.