Tuesday, November 15, 2022

New work for the Open Studio Sale

The title says it, and in a quiet voice afterwards I say, I hope. 

As I sat at the sewing machine on the weekend I reached into a basket to get some good snips. I looked inside the basket and found 4 re-working projects waiting to be completed.

This work had originally been a scroll. Which I really loved, but didn't quite know what to with.

Anyhow, I had completely forgotten about them. I must have started the re-working before we headed to Scotland but had absolutely no recollection having done so. I was however rather pleased to see how much preparation I had done and achieved.  

The pieces were all cut, I had cut the lining for the insides and I had folded them each to the point at which they would close. And then I had held them each in position with a pin as well so I could simply pick them up again and get started.

So whilst my memory had failed, my good work in the lead up cheered me!


The reverse of each.


I did recall that it had been a bit tricky to ensure that the little red X appeared on the front of each. This one just snuck in.



I really like how they are each individual, yet still feel connected.



So today I have begun the blanket stitch around the edges of the first one. To be followed by a running stitch-like seam. And then the cord that will wrap it. Then repeat for three more!

You can see why I quietly whisper "I hope".

Alongside my burgeoning body of work about Home, I have completed these wee things called "Homecomings".



I had begun another project with the lovely timber stands, and gave it away as a bad looking thing. They were relegated to a box in the storage room at the studio.

I have ended up bringing them out again to play with these. I made more envelopes with my lovely rubbing papers; and then added into each envelop one of my small, embossed 'journeys' pieces. 




I think they are lovely, precious things and hope others might find them so as well. You could pop all manner of precious pieces and memories inside them...

They are all individual but range in width from 7cm wide to 14.5cm wide; and in height from 6cm high to 9.6cm high.

The supporting timber and magnet stands range from 7cm - 15cm in length.

They will be for sale at the Open Studio Sale on Saturday 19 November 2022, 10am - 4pm at Deckled Edge Press in Maleny. After that, I will pop them up on the websites (or I might do it earlier if I get time!)

1 comment:

  1. love how the flaps of the envelopes stand out like the eaves on a roofline ... and those x-marked pouches reveal more of your patchplay ... to such good effect

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.