Sunday, November 13, 2022

Home in so many ways...

 I hadn't realised how much work I am doing is relating to home. In fact it's all about home it seems.

The printsI am re-working into two books - you can see what the original print looked like.


The books are now edging closer - I have attached the print of the nest; and done some handwriting/calligraphy.


They both need stitching and a case sewn for them, but I am confident they will be ready in time for the Open Studio Sale next Saturday. Nothing like a deadline to get you moving!


As a nice intermission - how gorgeous are these flowers?



But back to home, and I keep on stitching these little homes. This grouping of four is looking at being in a square Perspex box.


This one I tried out for fun.


This pairing are also looking nice.


And I am thinking about this one as "Echoes of Home..."



And finally, I couldn't help myself. I printed a few of my beautiful plate "Home" onto some lovely Khadi paper. They will also be dry and ready to go at the Open Studio Sale next weekend.

The palette is unchanging, the imagery similar and there are many stories of home being told.

I honestly didn't know home was on my mind quite so much.

2 comments:

  1. a home with a heart and a heart full of home ... both very good things ... and the warm palette suits it all so well

    P.S. those blowsy flowers put me in mind of artichoke hearts ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! They feel warm and comforting in their own wee way. And I can definitely see artichoke hearts in those flowers too. They somehow manage to be soft and spiky together...

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.