Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Charred I

 I have so enjoyed travelling alongside this art work as it evolved.

What began as some random old semi-burnt posts has told me stories along the way of what it needed, where and why.

And now it is complete.

After burning, I started to think about where it might be placed in the landscape. I loved it in the daffodils - the contrast between bright colour and burned.

It looked too stark and isolated surrounded by lots of gravel/chip.

So I figured I would wait a while longer to think about a home. In fact, I decided to leave it in the shed when we leave, so that I could look at it anew next time.

I went on to add the bits I wanted to add. B helped by drilling a small hole in beautiful stone, allowing me to pop this rusty screw in.

And I balanced it on top.

I tied some old rope rescued from the cove post when it was repaired around the bottom.


And thought I was finished until my Dad suggested an addition.



And whilst I will still tuck it away in the shed whilst we are away, I think it shall make its home here, alongside the shed, nestled in some stones, with rocks and rust alongside.


And just because it is so beautiful, the rope.


I loved making this post and love its serene and gentle nature.

6 comments:

  1. in each image it looked complete, and yet each addition made it even more so ... what a wonderful evolution ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, sometimes things can get better as you add things and of course sometimes they don't! But this time, each small element played a strong part. I am looking forward to seeing it again when next we are there.Go well.

      Delete
  2. F - this is a stunning sculptural piece; and thanks for introducing me to charring. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B and for your assistance. I think we have some more charring to look forward when we return!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Annick! I really enjoyed it and its evolution.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.