Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thursday Thoughts...

"I think books are like people, in the sense that they’ll turn up in your life when you most need them." 

Emma Thompson

This is a lovely thought and I think so often it can be proven true.  

Sometimes books turn up in your life and they are wasted. The timing is wrong and for whatever reason you are not ready, you are not open, you are distracted, you are not engaged by the themes, or you are simply not interested.

And then...down the track they may re-appear in your life and suddenly they are full of meaning and you are full of understanding!

At other times books can show up in the most unusual of ways, and yet they are just. what. you. need. right at that moment.

I think I come down on the side of sometimes timing is everything.


And just because. I was looking thru my photos and came across this one which made me smile when we saw it at the Innerpeffray library last year. 

4 comments:

  1. How many are the books on my shelves because I think I might want to read them again some day ... like meeting up with a good friend after a long absence, the conversation is just waiting to be continued

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very very true. Feel like I oftentimes want to add in - and did you know? And that is just like...as I return and realise the book connects to more contemporary things or things I have learned along the way.

      Delete
  2. can't agree more with what Liz said here !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books are such very good companions, and re-reading is like having another chat after time away.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.