Tuesday, April 11, 2023

The Shape of Things III arrive!

 Annwyn and I decided that we would post our books to each other a bit earlier than planned, as I would be in the UK and it would simpler and easier to work within a mail system, rather than to navigate two mail systems doing things overseas. And it worked.

I returned from a 5 day trip to Orkney to find her book number 3 waiting in the post. She too has received my book 3 so all is well. 

I don't have mine with me to show them together, but here are some photos of my book for her before I left; and of her book with me here in Scotland.

The story of the making of my book 3 will come later.

Here is Annwyn's - it called The Shape of Pamphlet Stitch and she has blogged on it here.

I really love how she has so beautifully brought our two papers together in such a complementary way.



It is such an elegant design.


And I absolutely adore these tiny masterpieces with their pamphlet stitches...


And here is mine. It is quite a traditional book with a fair bit of stitching, and lots of pages. 


The pages are beautifully soft, and they fan ever so well.


Whilst they are not physically together this time; here they are on the screen together. I continue to enjoy how we are each pushed by using the other's papers, and yet we each create books that are quintessentially 'us'.

I will show my book 3 in a bit more detail soon I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Love it as it looks really 'fluffy'. I'll definitely check it out on her blog too ! Annick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annick! The paper is so so soft (and fluffy!)

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.