Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Grief is a Stone in sandstone

 I have had two of my Grief is a Stone metal calligraphy pieces cut into Corten steel, which should weather and rust.

My plan is for them to be outdoor sculptures that might sit in a garden, tucked away and folk might come upon them quietly.

So I have popped them outside to get the rusting action happening a bit more quickly - we have had a fair bit of rain! I got one of each style cut.



And they are beginning to rust nicely on the front.



But I have had to turn them over to get a bit more happening on the back.


 Barry cut the groove for me in a couple of small pieces of sandstone we had set aside for another project.


Broadly speaking, I think they are going to work well, they just need little bit more time weathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.