Thursday, March 7, 2024

Thursday Thoughts...

“Inhale possibility, exhale creativity.” 

Laura Jaworski

Perhaps these words are suggesting that when we are stuck, unsure about where to head next, what to do, that we need to pause. 

I sat with these words and tried to do them. I sat sit still and thought about possibility as I breathed in. The thought focussed my mind a bit and stilled my busy brain, then I pondered upon creativity as I breathed out. Interesting.

I am not sure if it was the things I focussed on or the mere practice of sitting still and focussing on the process of breathing that helped, but my mind did clear a bit.

Inhaling possibility feels so enlarging and so full full of potential; exhaling creativity seems so active and brimming with possibilities. 

Maybe it's as much about being still, and letting things come into you (ideas, thoughts, connections) and then finding ways to release them or express them or bring them into being.


Exhaling creativity. Work by a Farr High School student 2023.

2 comments:

  1. I inhale words ... and surely they are freighted with possibility

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love that we inhale words - we do! And for me they are the source of much inspiration and possibility too.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.