Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Letter a Week (ALaW) 23

W is a very wide letter. To make it fit the 7cm x 7cm square I had to sort of kind of squish it up a bit, so it looks a bit cramped.

Anyhow, I have been spending time recently being inspired by some very talented collage artists including Donna Watson and Leslie Avon Miller and it suddenly struck me I could use collage as the background for one of my letters. I am in no way implying I am a collage artist (nor one in-the-making) but because my letters are all about experimentation it seemed to make sense to experiment with collage here.

I glued some cream coloured paper to grey board; added a square of grey rusted paper and a strip of rusted fabric (is a theme emerging?) and then dropped in a rough hand cut red circle.

I then drew the W over the top and inked it in. Such fun!



3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog (through a friend who takes part in ALAW project) and I think your work is amazing. I especially enjoyed the works you did on metal! And I loved the tiny nest on your copper tree!! Keep enjoying and creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Louise - I am glad you enjoy it! I have enjoyed working on metal and exploring its strength and gentleness...

    Go well

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.