Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Letter a Week (ALaW) 24

X is a tricky letter, but once I again I put to good use the playtime we had with Noela recently.

I had some black cotton (has to be 100% cotton) and went in search of bleach. Well, I couldn't find any and though I was going to be busted and have to try something else. But then Barry suggest what we call "exit mould" type stuff that gets used in bathrooms (very selectively).  I thought why not?

So I drew the letter on the fabric with a white pencil, then used an metal embossing tool (ball) to dip in the 'bleach' and then draw onto the fabric. It's hard because the bleach goes on colourless and you can't see easily where you have been. But I liked the streaky effect and am happy with the outcome.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good - very clever effort from cyber space, Fi, - hope you are having a ball xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.