Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Prep, prep and more prep

 I have a few teaching engagements lined up in the next wee while; and as ever, the preparation take time.

I so often think making an art life is never just about the art - in fact so much time is taken up cataloguing, tracking down supplies, and in this case preparing heaps of pages!

This is a day long workshop making heaps of books, and because the group are enthusiastic newcomers, rather than do a difficult stitching or binding we have opted for a bunch of small books that they could safely venture into and make for themselves afterwards.

I like folk to get as much out of a workshop as they can and to this end, rather than spend a long time cutting pages and covers from large sheets of paper on the day; I have done all the cutting for them. Cutting takes time!

Here I have set out 20 paper bags and placed 5 covers on each bags (100 covers).


Each bag will have a few different colours.


A sample bag of sorts.


And then I added in the 20 pages each (20 x 20 = 400)


And because I do love a stack of edges...


And in this case a stack of openings too!


For another set of books I have cut Bristol Board. Each person needs 24 pages; so 20 x 24 = 480 pages.


Some better cut than others...but these are sample books for them to keep and refer to so I hope they can cope!

I have a couple of other book page preparations to go, along with instructions and handouts, but we are on track!


And yesterday morning early, there was this tiny morning moon...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.