Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday Thoughts...

“Age has given me what I was looking for my entire life – it has given me me. It has provided time and experience and failures and triumphs and time-tested friends who have helped me step into the shape that was waiting for me. I fit into me now. I have an organic life, finally, not necessarily the one people imagined for me, or tried to get me to have. I have the life I longed for. I have become the woman I hardly dared imagine I would be”. 

 Anne Lamott

This one goes out to all the women I know.  All the women for whom growing older has given the great gift of me-ness. Of knowing ourselves and who we really are, and what we really want, and how we really want to move through the world, and spend our time.

What a gift.

I cherish the ongoing unfolding of life more on my own terms than with the expectations of others in mind.

I like stepping into the shape that was waiting for me.

I like fitting into me now. 


Fitting in...

5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by how flat your stitched circle is ... perfect tension!

    And here's a related quote from another favorite author, Anna Quindlen: “I have the feeling I may be cut out to be an old woman.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how I achieved it Liz, but thank you! I love that quote - it feels entirely accurate for me! Go well.

      Delete
  2. this getting older is surprisingly good fun except for those days when I wake up looking like a Basset Hound, love your cloth clutch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mo - that's it in a nutshell ... perfect!

      Delete
    2. Love that Mo - there are moments when you catch yourself upside down and wonder just where did that come from??? GGo well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.