Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas box

I have made a few gifts this year for Christmas so can't show many of them until they have been received and opened. I can however show this one because my dear friend couldn't wait until Christmas to open it!

He is a collector of Tibetan art and earlier in the year showed me this beautiful set of Tsakli cards he had received. Tsakli are Tibetan initiation cards which usually involve a drawing/painting on one side and some calligraphy on the reverse. I thought at the time they deserved a box for safekeeping so we took some measurements and I came home and ages later made a box and popped it in the post.

Here is an example of the tsakli with measuring tape and shadows (it was after dinner & wine after all); and some images of the finished box. The good news is the box works - the tsaklis fit and all is well! The box is decorated with some Buddha figures we found in Thailand and brought home and gilded ever so slightly with gold leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.