Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Printmaking

I have been thinking a bit about printing today as I tidied up my studio (after the chaos of the past few weeks it needed some care and attention) and itching a bit to get in and make some images.

I can hardly believe it its almost a year since we did a workshop with Glen Skien. I have admired his work for a long time and it was wonderful to spend time with him - he made printmaking accessible for me for the first time. I learnt from him how you could create simple, quick images that appealed through layering and simple dry point.

Here are some images from that workshop - I have since gone on to use some of the techniques in artists books and prints (the pandanus hanging books are below). I have been plotting and planning some work for 2010 and expect that these techniques will get another run...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.