Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ALaW - progress with the first final piece

I think I may have mentioned that it took me ages to work out how to present my experimental alphabet letters from my first alphabet.  I lined them up and they looked OK, but didn't really make an impact or tell their own story.

I talked with Barry about how I was thinking they should be like an embroidery sampler - the different techniques shown and understood as a sampler not a finished type product. I love our art talks as they take me round the world and back and together we hit on the idea of a sampler book.

So I got the matboard cut and punched 85 holes.


I attached each of the letters.


I wrote what I did as a reminder like in a journal or sampler.


I started putting them together!


The actual finalisation involves some engineering and again I tossed ideas around with Barry who is very clever at these sort of things and we have devised a couple of options.  Hopefully the final product will emerge this week.

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. It will look absolutely stunning with the letters, writing and 'sampler' style presentation, and of course all snuggled together in lavender. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. We all need a Barry... It's looking really good so far and I hope you keep taking photos and sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, brilliant! I can't wait to see the final.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.