Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paste Paper play

There has been a recent 'thread' on the cyberscribes discussions about paste paper, which made me think - just go make some!  So I did and the papers are now under weights straightening out.

It was a lot of fun and once you get started you just want to keep going - so many experiments to have.

I liked the drama of the black and white and think the pastel ones are gentle in their own way. I expect I will use the papers as coverings for books and boxes.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it just the most addictive thing? I always think just one more... I like the black & whites too, but the last one is really lovely with those deep swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes Carol - totally addictive! I kept saying "just one more'!! I played with different papers too which was nice and got quite different effects. I hadn't made paste paper in ages and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem - once I start a whole pile of paper can magically be swallowed up in my 'just one more' and 'I wonder if?'mentality!

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these paste papers, I have never done it but I'm putting on my wish-list of things to try. It looks like FUN.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.