Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Thoughts...

Books are delightful society.  If you go into a room and find it full of books - even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome.
William Gladstone

This resonates so much for me!  I feel the loveliest sense of being home wash over me when I am in a room or shop filled with books.  They whisper invitingly, like old friends in fact, 'come discover - follow your heart to some strange place you never dreamed of until right now'. And I listen, and am carried away for hours on adventures, ideas and to places I knew nought about before entering that space.

I often marvel how so many people have so many thoughts and ideas and visions that they wish to share. I love that there are so many people in the world willing to spend the time to write it down or drawn it or photograph it and show us. So many delights, so little time.


2 comments:

  1. How true and how well expressed!
    When I was little I was planning to read every book ever written! Oh well, it was the time that I thought my parents library contained almost ALL books...
    Thank God for the people who write them, illustrate them, compose them, edit them and how fortunate we are among the ones appreciating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I'm always a bit concerned it I go into a bookless house, though I suppose these days people are reading digital books and may be avid bookworms without visible signs. My walls (and floors) are full of books and I'm eternally grateful to those authors and artists who can carry me away on their imaginations.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.