Sunday, August 22, 2021

My new shop and website!

 Of all the things I thought I might do with my life, building websites was never one of them.  But here I am...

I have given myself a deadline for building three websites - mine; our joint Deckled Edge Press'; and Barry's  and can now say  that 2/3 ain't bad!  I still have a day or two up my sleeve to get Barry's published and then I can let out a really big sigh of relief.  For the time being I shall release a mid-sized such sigh.

Here it is...fionadempster.com

I mentioned a week or so ago that we had published the DEP website and the story is pretty much the same for mine.  Built around our Square sales point that we use in the studio and at fairs, markets, shows etc we can link our inventory from the studio to our websites.

Never before have I found having an online shop so easy. Who knew?

We also have the choice to sell things on one or all three of the websites.  Mainly we have things available on one or two - for example my feminist posters are available on both my website and on Deckled Edge Press' website.   But some of my artists' books and calligraphy are only on mine.  

It's tricky to get the balance right, but we are working our way through it all...

My site has very much the looking feel I was after - soft and gentle.



I have reduced the number of works in my gallery to six and hope that I will add some more as we go along.

By clicking through you can see more detail; and link to the blog posts which tell their story...

And I have given my blog it's own page. I have been blogging since 2009 and this places is a true record of my explorations, and my process and I really treasure it. Along with the company I get to keep here!

I hope you might pop on over and have a look. 

Let me know how it goes, if it has any major mistakes or foibles and if there is anything missing or anything you think should be there.

I really hope that it will also make it easier for folk to purchase things they might have seen me blog about and liked the look of!

8 comments:

  1. good on you ! Congrats, Fiona !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annick, it has been such a learning curve but I am so glad I persisted!

      Delete
  2. (((Fiona))) as quietly elegant as you are in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha too kind Mo. It does make me feel calm when I look at it tho so I am happy for that. Go well.

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful. I wasn't able to view the images on the home page, beneath 'view more', though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know Renata, I will do some double checking when I get home in a few days. Glad that you like the look of it too! Go well.

      Delete
  4. it does indeed have the look and feel of your work ... I do hope you'll be adding more images to the Gallery as time permits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, it looks and feels gentle and calm to me which makes me happy. I did the first six in the gallery to go live, and will definitely be trying to add to them over their while. I like the link to the blog process stories - adds to the storytelling I think. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.