Sunday, May 28, 2023

Getting ready for peace

 For whatever reason, I am getting ahead of things a bit this year. With a return visit to Scotland planned for Barry's exhibition there in September, I feel like I am using the time in between to get ready and prepared for any number o commitments I have.

And so it is with International Day of Peace (21 September every year).

I had been pondering words for my peace flags and knew I had this year's when I landed on this. One of those middle of the night ones that I was pleased hung around long enough for me to remember in the morning!

My dad, and others, collect brown card cutlery holders for me during the year, and they become the basis for my peace flags - a bit of good recycling put to use.

Over the years I have worked out that I need to print on them with the opening at the bottom, not the top. Here in Maleny in particular, if I have the opening at the top, the rain fills them and they become quite heavy little brown bags which eventually tear away from their string!


I quite liked how the e s poked out of the drying rack.



The collection was about 75 at the time of printing, and of course I have more time to print more before I actually need them, but it is a good start.


And as ever a bit of play with whatever paper I could spy near by after I finished the main print run. These are the notebook offcuts. I can't see how they can be used but I did like looking at the words against a different type of background.



And some more offcuts. Here I simply turned the page upside down for the second run and I like the way the words seem to really convey the message when done like this.

So the preparations are underway - there are still holes to punch and string to thread and more to print as they arrive, but I've begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.